Dr. Monica Chahar
Dr. Monica Chahar MBBS MD FIDP (Germany) (Dermatology) is a New Delhi based consultant dermatologist & skincare expert with a special interest in acne treatment and hair restoration. Her clinic, Skin Decor, is located at A-4, Sector 19, Dwarka, New Delhi.
Dr. Monica’s approach is caring and highly personalised. Her treatment protocols are evidence-based and scientifically proven. She combines the latest advancement in medical treatments along with state of the art technologies to achieve results. She specializes in giving customised skincare instructions and is passionate about helping you feel really good about your skin.
She has been trained by some of India’s most eminent dermatologists at ESI-PGIMSR, a tertiary care central government hospital in Delhi, which caters to dermatology referrals from all over the country. She has a vast experience of managing some of the most challenging and complex dermatology cases. She was later selected for a prestigious fellowship in cutaneous pathology in Germany and maintains an active interest in Dermatopathology today.
She trained for Hair Transplantation for one year exclusively under the then President of AHRS: Association of Hair transplant surgeons of India (2016) and have since performed over 100 successful independent hair transplant surgeries and have assisted in over 300 hair transplant surgeries (scalp and body hair transplant). She has worked as the Chief Aesthetic Dermatologist and Hair Transplant Surgeon in one of the most reputed private clinics in South Delhi, India for 3 years. Her articles have been published in leading national and international dermatology journals and she regularly presents at conferences.
She has co-authored several dermatology textbook chapters and been invited to review articles for publication. She has an active interest in research and makes sure that her knowledge and skills are continuously honed and that she is always up to date with the latest research and advances in dermatology.
1. Journal Articles
• Dhali TK, Chahar M. Thyroid dermopathy: a diagnostic clue of hidden hyperthyroidism. Dermato-Endocrinology.
(Volume Issue 1, 2014)
• Dhali TK, Chahar M, Haroon MA. “Phototherapy as an effective treatment for majocchi's disease- A Case Report”.
An Bras Dermatol. 2015 Jan- Feb;90(1):96-9.
• Chahar M, Dhali TK, D'Souza P. “Multifocal Tuberculosis Verrucosa Cutis”. Dermatol Online J. 2015 Jan 15;21(1).
2. Book Chapters
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. In: Dos and don’ts of follicular unit extraction. Mysore V. (ed.) Hair transplantation.
New Delhi: Jaypee; 2016.p.205-212.
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. Complications of follicular unit extraction. In: Mysore V (ed.) Hair transplantation.
New Delhi: Jaypee; 2016.p.288-292.
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. Repeat hair transplant. In: Mysore V.(ed.) Hair transplantation. New Delhi:
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. Facial hair transplantation. In: Mysore V (ed.) Hair transplantation. New Delhi:
• Chahar M, D’Souza P, Rathi SK. Skin diseases caused by Arthropods, Bites and Stings. In: Sharma N (ed.).
Skin textbook & atlas of Dermatology. Kolkata: Jaypee, 2017, ch. 65.
• Chahar M, D’Souza P, Rathi SK. Skin diseases caused by Protozoa and Nematodes. In: Sharma N (ed.).
Skin textbook & atlas of Dermatology. Kolkata: Jaypee, 2017, ch. 64.
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. FUE in South Asians. In: Pathomvanich D (ed.) Practical Aspects of Hair transplantation
in Asians. Tokyo:
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. Complications in FUE. In: Pathomvanich D (ed.), Imigawa K (ed.),
Practical Aspects of Hair transplantation in Asians. Tokyo: Springer; 2018.p.447-456.
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. Body Hair Transplant. In: Pathomvanich D (ed.), Imigawa K (ed.)
Practical Aspects of Hair transplantation in Asians. Tokyo: Springer; 2018.p.589-599.
Chahar M, Dua K. Crown hair transplant in a Chinese patient- A case report. Imigawa K (ed.)
AHRS News Bulletin, Dec. 2016
Presentations (Posters/ Oral Presentation)
• Chahar M, Dhali TK. Thyroid Dermopathy: Concurrent ENL and reversal reaction in a lepromatous leprosy patient:
A unique presentation. Dermatology and Allied Specialities Summit. New Delhi, India. 25-27.7.2014
• Chahar M, Dua K. The specificities of hair transplantation in India: A retrospective analysis of 125 patients.
HAIRCON, Punjab, India. 26.2.2017 (Award Paper)
• Chahar M, Dhali TK. The response of Majocchi disease to phototherapy. 41st national conference of IADVL, DERMACON 2013. Ahmedabad, India. 24- 27.1.2013
• Chahar M, Dhali TK, D’Souza P. A long-standing case of multifocal tuberculosis verrucosa cutis. XI International Congress of Dermatology. New Delhi, India. 4-7.12.2013.
• Chahar M, Dhali TK. Coexistence of Lipedematous scalp with Alopecia areata. Dermatology and Allied Specialities Summit. New Delhi, India. 25- 27.7.2014
• Chahar M, Dhali TK. Thyroid Dermopathy: A diagnostic clue of hidden hyperthyroidism. Dermatology and Allied Specialities Summit. New Delhi, India. 25-27.7.2014
• Dua K, Dua A, Chahar M. Safe Donor Area in FUE. Aesthetics 2016. New Delhi, India. 19-21August, 2016
• Dua A, Chahar M, Dua K. Growth Factor- The Frugal Way. ISHRS 24th World Congress September 28-October 1, 2016,
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
• Chahar M, Dua K. Pearls of facial hair transplantation. HAIRCON, Punjab, India. 26.2.2017
• Dua A, Chahar M, Dua K. The specificities of hair transplantation in India: A retrospective analysis of 12 patients.
ISHRS 25th World Congress, Oct. 4-8,2017, Prague, Czech Republic.
Professional Awards and Recognition
• Organising Committee, HAIRCON 2017. Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons, India.
• Scientific Committee, HAIRCON 2017. Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons, India
• Faculty Speaker- Facial Aesthetic Training & Education (F.A.T.E.)- July 2017.
• 2nd prize in Poster Presentation for the poster “Coexistence of Lipedematous scalp with alopecia areata”
at Dermatology and Allied Specialities Summit, July 2014.
• 3rd prize in Interstate Leprosy Quiz held at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India, March 2014.
• Scholarship for the fellowship program in Dermatopathology in Germany.
Continuing Medical Education and Certification
• Certificate course by ETHICON on “Wound healing and Suturing” held in World Aesthetic Conference, New Delhi in 2013.
• “Basic Injection Techniques of Fillers and anti wrinkle injections” held in World Aesthetic Conference, New Delhi in 2014.
• Have participated in various national conferences of IADVL and international conference of Dermatology.
• Have presented over 100 seminars and journal articles on various topics in clinical and cosmetic dermatology.
Laser Photofacial. All about women Forum. January 22, 2016.
Areas of Expertise
• Acne and residual scar treatment
• Hair loss management and Hair restoration procedures including mesotherapy, Growth Factor therapy, Hair Transplant surgery.
• Skin Rejuvenation using personalized skincare routines and latest technologies including anti wrinkle injections, Chemical Peels, Medi-facials.
• Aesthetic Dermatology procedures such as Laser treatment for hair reduction, scarring and pigmentation;
ablative surgeries using radiofrequency.
Professional Organizations and Societies
• Delhi Medical Council (DMC/R/07177)
• Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology (LM/ND/7942)